ESN Pardubice is proud to invite you to the second trip of this semester. This time it's the moment to show you western part of our country. It includes the most popular city in our country - Pilsen with its brewery (yes, Pils beer is called after this city, guess why), showcase of our spa resorts Františkovy Lázně and Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad (probably nicest one in the region and also home of Becherovka), historical town of Cheb and as a bonus natural reserve of Soos – volcanic relict area.
PRICE: includes the train tickets for both days, accommodation in a hotel in Cheb, Pilsen brewery excursion entrance fee, entrance fee to the cathedral tower in Pilsen, entrance fee to the Soos natural reserve, public transportation ticket in Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 25th.
REGISTRATION FORM: See below this article
MAXIMUM LIMIT OF PARTICIPANTS: 30 international students (due to hotel capacity), and 19 spots already taken by Pardubice students. And as always, who pays first gets to go!
Saturday – March 31st
Meetup in front of Palachova at 5.45!!
• 6.02 -6.18 Bus 2 from Na Brne to train station (not included in price)
• 6.34 train journey from HK to Pardubice
• 7.10 – 9 .58 train journey from Pardubice to Pilsen
• 10.30 – 11.30 Pilsen – main square with the entrance to the highest cathedral tower in the Czech Republic
• 12.00 – 13.25 lunch in Pilsen
• 13.45 – 15.30 Pilsen brewery and merchandise shop excursion
• 18.05 – 19.27 train journey from Pilsen to Cheb
• 19.50 check-in at the hotel
• 20.20 - … a short walk at the historical city center and a dinner
Sunday – April 1st
• 7.38 – 7.45 train journey to Františkovy Lázně (optional – the other option is to sleep and leave later)
• 7.45 – 9.45 walk at the spa colonnade in Františkovy Lázně (optional – the other option is to sleep and leave later)
• 9.45 – 10.12 train journey from Františkovy Lázně to Soos (leaving Cheb – hotel place – at 9.59)
• 10.15 – 11.00 track through the Soos Natural Reserve
• 11.10 – 12.16 train journey from Soos to Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad
• 12.25 – 13.35 lunch in Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad
• 13.50 – 17.00 walk at the spa colonnade and to the viewpoint
• 17.05 – 20.24 train journey from Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad to Prague
• 20.30 – 21.00 dinner at the main station in Prague (Burger King recommended)
• 21.09 – 22.08 train journey from Prague to Pardubice
Pardubice MEETING POINT: You have two possibilities, it’s up to you where you decide to join:
6.25 a.m. dormitories – reception of block C
6.55 a.m. railway station – in the hall (it will be plenty of us, so don’t worry; you’ll just see a bunch of crazy people)
The train leaves at 7.10 a.m. and be sure that we can’t wait for latecomers after this time…
WHAT TO EXPECT: It’s gonna be pretty busy days, we have a lot to see, but we are sure it’s worth the rush. We will visit two of the top-ten list of most visited places in the Czech Republic (Pilsen and Carlsbad). We will start in Pilsen with a short tour to the city center and it’s dominant – the cathedral of St. Bartolomeo and above all the Pilsen brewery, which is the origin to the world-wide sold Pils type of beer and home brewery for the brands like Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus that you probably know. After Pilsen, we will visit Cheb, an old town with a pretty nice historical center and we will sleep here in a hotel. First spa city – Františkovy Lázně with its calm colonnade and few spa sources is in our list on Sunday morning. Later on, the natural reserve of Soos with its volcanic relicts awaits us and then we are heading to Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad – the most famous spa of our country with its splendid colonnade and many spa wells.
And naturally feel free to check any list of TOP 5/10/no-matter-how-much sights in the Czech Republic and you’ll find Pilsen and Karlovy Vary/Carlsbad there ;)
ESSENTIALS: Take your stuff for an overnight trip, but think about the fact, that you will have to carry all your stuff in your backpack most of the time. Consider the weather forecast, it's early spring so there is a chance to face a rain.
FOOD: We will do regular stops for lunches and dinners and we will be in urban areas mostly, so you can buy anything you need. But feel free to take any snack or drink with you (and don’t forget to share it with your buddies ;) ).
EXTRAS: You can taste the healing water from the wells (spa sources), but it is pretty hot, so take some cup with you in order to prevent burning yourself (or you can buy one there as a nice souvenir, but the price respects the touristic character of the place). Also, think about the fact that some people face the digesting problems after tasting that water.
- See the article above
- See the article above
- Registration is necessary